Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Sandy recently completed the Thursday pattern from Kirsten Johnstone's Assemblage line. Knit out of one strand each of Habu Textiles' A-166 2/30 Ramie and A-177 Super Fine Merino, this lovely top, with a delicate pleated ruffle running down the front, is ideal for layering. Interested in making your own? Both the pattern and a wonderful selection of the yarns await you at the boutique!
Have a finished project made with fiber or a pattern from Yarns By Design that you'd like to show off? Email your name, photos and the project details (yarn and pattern info) to info@YBDoakmont.com, and we'll feature your items on the blog!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Many of you have asked about the beautiful scarf sample that's been on view at the boutique for months, and now the kits are here! The Hand Painted Knitting Yarns "Scarf-in-a-Scarf" Knitting Kits include four skeins of soft-as-butter yarn in a 60% silk, 40% fine Merino blend, as well as a handpainted silk scarf that's been dyed to match. Knit the included pattern, thread the silk scarf through your knitting, and you have a beautiful new accessory for fall that can be worn in a number of ways! Stop by the boutique to pick up your kit today!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
The new yarns from TNNA keep rolling on in, and what better reason to plan a trip to the boutique than to come in and check them all out? Here's what's arrived in the past few weeks:
- Schoppel-Wolle Cashmere Queen (shown above), Crazy Zauberball (shown below) and Flying Saucer, a uniquely hand-dyed fingering weight yarn that allows for two nearly identical socks
- Kertzer On Your Toes Bamboo, a sock yarn in generous 328 yard balls and beautiful colors
- Trendsetter Soleil, a yarn with cute leaves and beads interspersed throughout the skein, and Cha-Cha, a wide ribbon yarn that creates rich layers of ruffles as you knit with it
- Schulana Mosco, an elegant blend of rayon, mohair and viscose, and Cortina Nuvole, a light-as-air nylon and Merino wool blend
- New colors of Spud and Chloe Sweater and Outer
- New colors of Habu Cotton Gima